View Single Post
Old January 7th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Family Cruises; CruiseMates Guide

This is the URL for our family cruising area for articles. Our family editor, Luisa Frey, has just finished a wrap up of Caribbean and Hawaii features for family cruises.

I se you are in Western Mass. The question is what kind of budget you have, how long a cruise you want, etc.

With kids, I assume you want to cruise in the summer. Prices go up a little then but there are more options. Cruises sail out of New York and Baltimore year-round. In the winter they sail to Florida and the bahamas.

In Florida you visit Port Canaveral where the Kennedy Space Center is a FANTASTIC thing for older kids. That is also close enough to get to Orlando for the day as well.

You go on to Nassau in the Bahamas which has Atlantis which kids will also enjoy.

You can catch the Carnival Pride from Baltimore (one of the better Carnival Spirit-class ships) with a seven hour drive from Boston ($84 fuel costs).

In the summer from NYC or even Boston you can cruise to Bermuda. The island is not that exciting for the kids, but they will enjoy the cruising on the ship. Explorer of the Seas leaves from New York harbor (actually NJ) on 5-night cruises June - August. This is a good family ship. NCL Spirit leaves from Boston on 7-day cruises to Bermuda.