Thread: Help Us Choose
View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeamanda View Post
My husband and I are looking to take our first cruise in October of this year. We've pretty much narrowed it down to two cruises:

#1. Carnival Dream out of Port Canaveral to Cozumel, Isla Roatan, Belize, and Costa Maya for 7 nights.

OR

#2 Carnival Freedom out of Ft. Lauderdale to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios, Jamaica for 6 nights.

For reference: We're in our early 30s and we won't be taking our children.

I am having trouble deciding if we should take a shorter one since this is our first, or is 7 days OK? I'm one who likes to take week-long beach vacations, so I think 7 sounds heavenly, but my husband is concerned it's too long if we hate it.

Also, which cruise has the better beaches? I'm a huge beach lover and not big on a ton of adventure stuff, although husband does want to do some type of 4x4 excursion on one of our stops. I'd LOVE to see Key West, but Jamaica doesn't appeal to me really.

I would appreciate any and all help!
I would choose the Dream, seven day, cruise.

The reasons are:
  • One more day
  • Great snorkeling and diving in Cozumel
  • 4x4 available in both Cozumel and Jamaica
  • Dream is a newer ship
  • Belize has decent snorkeling at Caulker Cay and wonderful diving on the reef
No matter which you choose you will have a good time but you will really wish you had that extra day if you take a six day cruise.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me