View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

well, it is disappointing, not that the single cabins do not look out onto the lounge, but that the promo information said that they do. It makes me wonder if there are several mis- statements about the ship.

I plan to do a more thorough article for solo cruisers soon. They don't look out into the lounge and it is not a keyed lounge either, but it did not matter to me. I would have liked them to look into the lounge, but the truth is everyone just kept the window shut all the time anyway. If you want to see who mayu be going into the lounge there are a couple of studios right next to the lounge.

I do like to walk the deck. Is there a deck or two suitable for this? probably couldn't walk the entire ship at once-- it is so large.

There is a promenade and a jogging track on deck 7 - a little hard to see behind the lifeboats but still there.

If there are virtually no closets in the small (single) cabin, what does one do on a 2 week cruise for storage?

They provide a LOT of hangers - 20 or so. There is actually plenty of storage, just not drawers. There are shelves and even two huge baskets that fit under the bed. Not a problem really.

Also is there a way to refill water bottles every day with drinking water? I use a lot of it and do not like being charged for every sip. How easy is it to get ice?

Yes, in the Lounge or upstairs in the buffet. I did this too and it is a great idea. I never did this before.

Have you found out the quality of the food since the ship has now been in service awhile? It didn't sound so great from the first review.

I'm sorry, I thought I had said the food was very good all along. You will enjoy the food, I gurantee it.

Are you able to find out if the embarkation has been streamlined a bit?

Yes, in New York they hired extra people and it was much better. Southampton taught them a lesson, I believe.

I have made a down payment on a Nov. cruise Not too sure this is for me.

Are you a solo cruiser? I believe you will enjoy it then. Be sure and let us know!

Is there a library?

No. And the television is pretty boring, too. The best thing is meeting new people and hanging out with them. Bring your own books. At least the TVs are nice sized and if you bring some DVDs and a laptop you could probably play them on it.

Thanks in advance. I know I have asked a lot.