View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2010, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie H View Post
Part of the problem is that the Concierge was a salaried employee when the program started. I doubt that we are supposed to know this but I was told this has changed to "gratuities only." I rarely even get a drink in the lounge but I love having it there to "meet & mingle" during the day. But to the point, I do tip most of them pretty generously since I really appreciate what they do.

I had been told they had their wages cut back a couple of year ago (told to me by a concierge who chose to leave at that time) but they are certainly not grats only just less base pay. Most of the good ones left at that point for better paying positions.

I also don't think they get a whole lot of gratuities as I have yet to see anyone hand them an envelope and a lot of people who say they give them $50/100 are basically blowing a lot of hot air. I don't see see more than one or two doing that on a cruise and I'm even doubtful of that.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.