View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

As has been mentioned, if you choose to travel to the Caribbean durring Hurricane season you take a chance of foul weather. But at least you still had a full length vacation. We discovered years ago all about this. We went to Jamaica for our Honeymoon in September of '04. Hurricane Ivan decided to make a move to the South and had Negril dead in his sights. Being that it was a Category 5 storm, we decided to leave after only 42 hours of our trip. We were given a small refund for our unused nights, but by the time we payed the penalties and fees for changing our flight it was pretty much a total loss. And thus we learned our lesson about traveling that time of year and the importance of travel insurance. We continue to go to the Caribbean durring Hurricane season almost yearly, due to the great rates. But know that it is a gamble each time. I understand your frustration, but at least you were on a ship that can move out of the way.

Randy and Heather

Destiny '11-booked!
The Royal Cancun '10(A.I.)
Dream '10
Sun Palace Nov. '09 (A.I.)
Glory '08
Sun Palace '07(A.I.)
Enchanment of the Seas '06
Aventura Spa Palace'04 (A.I.)
Couples Negril '04 (Honeymoon, A.I.)
Big Red Boat '93