View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2001, 10:50 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to suzanne
Default Re: Suzanne

Hi Rick and Deb,
I'm sorry you won't be on our cruise, but as nice as you are, I have no doubt that you will make many friends...Enjoy the auctions...

I have heard that the Celebrity ships have amazing collections of art on board....I've never been on Celebrity before and I can't wait...I'm trying to be patient and go to work and do my normal thing, but it's really hard once you've actually booked your cruise...I'm coming out there from Nevada and it was tough to get a good airline deal!!! The prices are just outrageous....anywhere from 4-600 for airfare, but after much diligent searching, I was able to get the fare down to 260.

I looked at the pictures of the Galaxy in my brochure...WOW, is all I can say...beauty she is!!! I've been on other cruises, mostly Royal Caribbean: Viking Serenade, Rhapsody of the Seas, Nordic Empress and then I was also on the Norway last February....

Side note: Anybody who enjoys "old stuff" should try the Norway....just try to ignore all the hand-to-mouth eating that goes on....I loved the Norway and had a wonderful time on that ship....it's old and kind of classic and I've been seeing many great deals for that ship for Jan/Feb from 200 pp. for seven days...

One more note on art and then I'll stop rambling: Some of the best artwork can be found in port. When I was on the Norway last February, I found an art gallery in Phillipsburg, St. Maarten and I bought a beautiful antique print for 80 dollars. I have no idea how much it is worth, but I loved the peice anyway and don't care what it's worth....it's an island scene of Caribs fishing in the local waters and in the background is the coastline with two palm trees. If you look closely, you'll see that the palm trees are male and female !!! Kinda neat!!!

Have fun on the Galaxy .....see you around these boards...always glad to make a new friend!

Suzanne