View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2010, 10:35 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I have a lot more to upload soon - including a meeting of Oasis amd Allure at sea last night off the coast of Ft Lauderdale. oasis was just taking off while we qwere off the coast just sort of wairting to go into port for the next mornings disembarkation.

The Oasis looked beautiful at night. I will upload a couple of thumbnails that you can click on - then I will do an album and some videos later.

The idea of this meeting - the first time ther sister ships crossed paths at sea, was to exchange some presidents. Our captain who was a hoot originally said we were going to put thr two bridge wings together (and he said it wiith a straight face) to which Richard Fain reacted with shock.

Then the truth came out - that they planned to exchange the presents using small zodiac type boats between the two vessels.

In the first picture it was still light out and the Oasis was just starting to get closer. The sun was going down fast. It eventually got darker before they were ready to send the two boasts out. In the last pic you can see the two boats hanging around the open hatch on Oasis (we were taking shots from Allure_ before the boat quickly truened around and returned to our ship, and Oasis quickly resumed its journey.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01561.jpg (96.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01607.jpg (91.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01596.jpg (89.4 KB, 45 views)