This is our seventh cruise, but first wtih HAL. We've sailed Carnival, Princess and RC (with RC being our favourite until now).
I booked Eurodam on a whim yesterday as present for the fam, sailing in Mar 2011.
A few questions:
1. Is the buffet any good (just came off Grandeur which had a horrible buffet)
2. Is the MDR open for lunch on port days? I like to avoid the buffet at all costs.
3. I think I understand how the soda card works, but is there an unlimitted package, like on other lines?
4. Is the kid's club any good? My kids are 3 and 4.
5. According to the HAL website, it appears that you can bring wine on board, and there are no limitations. I certainly don't want to carry 7 bottles of wine on board, but is that allowed? Is there a good wine store near port everglades to stop at? Or at FLL?
6. What time is the early dining? I havent finalized my preference yet. We generally like to eat around 6:30, but I am thinking of trying AYWD. With two young kids though, i don't want long waits. The travel agent seem to think that the early seating was at 5:30 which seems to early.
7. Are the shows any good?
8. I've been to San Juan before and remember it as being quite industrial - we will probably stay on ship. For the stops in T&C, is there a beach nearby, if so, is it walking distance? I think Magen's Bay is on St. Thomas, in which case we will probably cab it there.