View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckhimber View Post
I wouldn't use NCL again if it was the only cruise line on earth!!!!!
Chuck
Have not been on NCL in years (last trip was on Norway so that tells you how long) but did take two cruises with them this year, both on the Sky, and one as recent as over Xmas. I am booked on another one in Jan with Dawn.

We had problems with RCL (Feel the same way about them as you do NCL) so we went into the two NCL cruises feeling that we were not expecting TOO much so would be surprised if we had a good time. To our surprise, we did! Granted, our cabin was not as spacious as on other lines (we booked both cruises a month or two before we sailed, which is unusual for us, usually booking a cruise 8 to 12 mos before time), but we were only on board from Fri thru Mon and did not spend a lot of time in the cabin. We ate each night in LeBistro and found it to be great! There were no chocolates, bare necessity amenities in the bathroom (no bottles you could take home, everything coming out of dispensers), but we brought our own so who cared? Rugs were replaced since we were last on it--Aug 2010 and the ship was cleaned daily, pleasing in appearance and easy to navigate. Plenty to do (me) or not to do (hubby) as we please. I think that covers the essentials. As I said, we went into it not expecting much but we were pleased and that is why we returned for another cruise over Xmas and booked another one (this one a 5 day) in Jan. We lucked out, I guess! Good luck in your endeavors!:-)