Thread: Norwegian Sun
View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tom View Post
We are doing the Baltic in May on the Norwegian Sun. Yes, I know there was a mechanical problem in December that some people was upset over. I have also read that many other pasengers thought NCL handle it very good.
I also understand the Sun will be dry docked this month and updated so do not think by May there will be any kind of problem.
I would like to know if anyone has taken the Baltic Capital Cruise on NCL Sun before and how was it. Were the port excusions good?
What was the best and worst parts of the cruise.
I think this is the first year the Sun leaves from Copenhagan and returns to same port.
Thanks for any info you can supply and please no more replies from the pasengers that were so upset on the December cruise.
Tom, we have not taken the particular cruise but have friends that did and they loved it. Yes, this is the first year for the Copenhagan embarkation and debarkation. As for the ship, we have sailed her twice, once when she was about 6 months old and again 5 years later. I have to say, of all the ships we have sailed and there are several of them, she is probably my favorite or close to the top. The Sun is big enough to have all the special features many of us have learned to take for granted, but small enough not to be too much like a mega ship. The cabins are nice sized and the crew is wonderful. Be sure an enjoy tapas in Las Rambles bar and restaurant at least one early evening. You can make them an entire meal.

Nita