View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2011, 12:21 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Would you be interested in the Feb 7 Carnival Fantasy sailing from Charleston? The itinerary isn't much, but it's 5 days and inside cabins are $299. I live about a day's drive from Charleston. Port Canaveral would probubly be farther than I'd want to drive at this time. I'm more interested in a relatively short cruise to get out of the cold. I'm a M/W/F in my mid-50's. I'm a retired special ed teacher who enjoys the beach, music, scrabble and bananagram, sightseaing, a little shopping, a good book and a good laugh. I don't smoke or snore (that I"m aware of), but am most definitely not a morning person, particularly on vacation. While on a cruise, it would take something very special indeed to get me out of the bed on a cruise before 8. However, my cabinmate would be more than welcome to get up with the chickens if she desired. I do enjoy the shows and the piano bar, and anywhere there is live music, but I wouldn't be coming back to the cabin in the wee hours, slamming doors and making a bunch of racket if my cabinmate had turned in at 9pm, or something. It's short notice, but if you'd be interested in doing the Feb 7 cruise, let me know. It's not a particularly good ship, and definitely not a particularly appealing itinerary, but it's convenient (for me) and cheap and it will get me to where it's WARM, so I can settle.