View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2011, 04:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

In early Nov. 2001, DH suggested we do something cool for our upcoming 35th anniv. (12/26/02). He said maybe a cruise or all-inclusive. At the word "cruise" my heart skipped a beat. I called my step-sis, our TA, and asked her what was the best deal. She said definitely cruising. Since 911 a few weeks before, the industry was depressed and prices were very good. She set us up with a 7-nighter on Explorer OS to the E. Carib. Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan and Labadee rd trip from Miami. We walked the length of the ship to the gangway with our jaws hanging open at the sheer size of it. The cruise was WONDERFUL and we were hooked. We did 8 cruises in 6 years before he passed away unexpectedly 8-13-08.
I am still cruising. We had booked 2 cruises ahead for '09. His sister went with me in Jan. and a new friend from my bereavement group went with me in June. Last month my SIL and I cruised again and another friend is going with me this June. Both cruising friends cruised with their husbands. I tell people not to put off the fun stuff. You never know what will happen tomorrow. For me, life is too short to stop cruising. I know he is smiling down at me and glad I am living life to the fullest.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib. 1/03 Explorer W. Carib. 8/03 Summit Alaska
1/04 Adventure S. Carib. 1/05 Galaxy PC 6/06 Jewel OS Br.Isles/Nor. Fj
1/07 Mercury Mex. Riv. 1/08 Mercury Aust/NZ 1/09 Galaxy S. Carib
6/09 Summit Classical Med. 1/11 Summit S.Carib. 6/11 Connie Scan/Russia