View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2011, 11:55 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedMike View Post
Well, frankly, I think it unlikely that any ship's Captain operates on that sort of basis. He would never have advanced to the position of command if he did.

Let us consider some of the possible third sides to this story. We will probably never know. But let me suggest a not improbable scenario.

Guy has seizure. Mom panics, yells at medical personnel when they arrive, gets bossy and tells them what to do. Guy goes to dispensary, is given medication, yells at doctor about the choice of medication, says it is not working, insists he has to have some other medication which he did not bring and which is not in the ship's stores. Mom and patient continue yelling and calling doctor incompetent and saying that the ship is not treating them properly. Basically in the course of all this yelling they make it clear that they do not think the ship's doctor can handle the guy's epilepsy. Find out they are going to have to pay for treatment and go even more ballistic at that! Threatens to sue the doctor and the ship for not treating him properly.

Now what choice does the Captain have?

Could it have maybe happened this way?

Truth is a three edged sword.
Hmmm, where have I heard that line before. :-p

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.