View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2011, 04:01 PM
Admiral

Angry Diamonds International - no mas

So last cruise we bit and bought a ring at DI in Cozumel. It had to be sized so there would be a delay. Our "destination shopper" had told us (in a seminar) she would pick up jewelry. The store manager said she would let the DS know there was something to pick - and referred to her by name.

Got back to the ship - no jewelry by dinner. Left a message for the DS after dinner. Called again the next day. DS said the store manager had not called her and DI would be sending us the ring on Monday (it was now Saturday.)

The next Friday we had seen no ring and had not heard from anybody. My wife called DI's 800 number and left a message asking for a tracking number. No response, she called again on Monday - they patched her through to the store. She was told ring had been shipped and they would e-mail a tracking number.

Today (now 13 days out) no word still from anybody. She calls DI again, asks for status. Was told to call back 2 two to get the tracking number. At 2 she was told the item had just arrived i NEW YORK (we don't live there) and they would overnight it from them. At this point my DW is so POed she told them to ship it back and refund her credit card. That is the current fight.

Bottom line: if you think you found a deal and can walk out with it go ahead. I would not advise buying anything you have to wait for.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Sponsored Links