View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default For Cinque Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Scott View Post
Thanks MercedMike for this thread.

I am looking at three independent tours on our Nieuw Amsterdam cruises back to back 23 May and 2 June 2011
Kusadasi - using Hello Ephesus on a tailored tour that covers all main spots including Terrace Houses and Sirince Village.
In Naples I plan to use silverstar sorrento for a Pompeii, Sorrento, Positano tour - Luisa has been very helpful. At present there is just my wife and I so it is a bit expensive and I have looked for tripmates on this site since Septemeber but it seems it is a bit early for people to be planning shore excursions yet. ( I actually downloaded our shore excursion ebrochure from HAL yesterday). Luisa has advised that we can book for our own and if we meet others to go or getresponses fromothers we can add and change arrangements
Livorno - I want to do a private tour to Cinque Terra but again because there is only two of us, we are looking at about 400+ euros. I have researched a number of websites and emailed. One I am still waiting on is Viator.com - they seem reasonable but visit only three of the five villages. Do you need to see them all? Some operators visit four, others all five but it is a question of cost and benefits

Any suggestions of good tour operators for Cinque Terra?

All companies have their own testimonials but it is nice to see them on an independent forum.

Thanks - I have been getting good advice on other threads I have posted.

I hope I can jag some interest in joining our tours from other cruisers. I'm sure more would make them more enjoyable and lower the cost for all.

Regards
My family (group of 14) used Discovery Guided Tours last year for Florence and Rome and I believe they have an excursion for Cinque Terra. This is their link Limousine Service Rome Italy Shore Excursions Rome Sightseeing Tours Rome Airport Transfers , Fiumicino airport, civitavecchia to Rome tours Shore Excursions
They were really impressed with their service and highly recommended them. I'm doing HAL Mediterranean Romance on 21st September and booked Rome and Pisa/Florence with them, we are a group of 8. Something that I like a lot and probably you will too, they have live support (chat) they answered all my questions and gave me peace of mind, you need to be aware of time zones though. If you use the chat, ask for Pamela - she is fantastic! Hope this help you.