Thread: New to Princess
View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2011, 03:05 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedMike View Post
Dining hours are always a big question. The big advantage of anytime dining is that you don't have to rush back to the port and get ready for dinner after a big day ashore. For example, in Skagway I can remember getting back to the ship about 5:30 after having driven all day and visited the dog camp and so on. A couple of hours to relax and clean up was welcome. OTOH there might be a night when you want early dinner and the early show and off to bed so you can be up at 5 AM to watch the entry into Glacier Bay where whales are often encountered.

As far as the Sabatini's menu ... the waiter will say, "Just pick out your entree. We will bring you ALL the rest!" It is basically a tasting menu with a small serving of everything on the menu. We have never done lunch there but it should be fun too. The only thing is you will be busy on port days, and on sea days it will book up fast.

Have a GREAT cruise!
Oh, I see! Thanks!

I have only cruised with Carnival before, and there was no "anytime" dining. If I change to that, where do they seat you? Are you seated with another group that comes at the same time, or alone? Someone I work with told me they got a private table each night with "anytime".

We enjoy meeting new people, but would rather see the same faces each night. (assuming we like them and vice versa)

Golden Princess 9/8/2012
Carnival Elation 11/02/2009
Carnival Pride 04/24/2006
Carnival Pride 05/23/2004
Carnival Elation (I think) 1999