View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2002, 11:06 AM
Gert

Default Galaxy-just returned

We just got back from Galaxy Baltimore and I must admit it was one of our best cruises yet (though our kids say that we say the same thing after every cruise) The ship does have more noticible rocking than any others. My freinds & I were at the indoor pool relaxing in the lounge chairs, eating & drinking when the ship listed. The lounge chairs are on wheels & the 4 of us (along with potted palms trees) went rolling backwards!
Plates, tables, drinks went fllying, deja vu Titanic. But the incident was so surprising that we laughed till our bellys ached. People walking behind us stopped the chairs. No one was hurt & everyone wanted to know what we were drinking.

Belize--we did SHarkRay alley. I personally thought it was awesome, only later did we realize the Captain of the speed boat was drunk, his boat kept stalling in the middle of nowhere. Our excursion was for snorkeling, lunch & Beach. When we docked for lunch, we were told the place ran out of food! The "beach" was a sandy, seagrass patch of ocean next to the dock. Motor fuel included with each dip in the water. Our inebriated captain dropped anchor in the middle of nowhere & told us to just jump overboard. One look into the shark infested water scared the **** out of everyone but adventure seekers that we are we jumped in. I swam out to the Barrier reef (1/4 mi) What an awe inspiring site. Then it dawns on me no one knows I'm way out here alone, understand there was absolutely no supervision of any kind on this excursion. In hind site we took a lot of blind risks. But it was great.

Atlantis - 2nd time there & never have we parted with a dime took tour the aquarium or the grounds or the entire complex. I know the have paid tours, etc. but both times we went, we just walked in the front doors to the pool areas, to the beach ( where we sunbathed & swam). Both times we walked through the dig & the aquarium took pictures, etc. I still can't figure out how other people pay & we just do it for free. Never been hasseled or stopped . Maybe we're just lucky.

CocoCay- Paradise!! Been there /RCL so we knew more about it than the crew.

Key West -4 hours!? C'mon Celebrity give us more time!!

Passengers - I would say a majority were 60+ but the 4 of us are 50 and we had no problem meeting up with the many 45-55 crowd, Northeastners are not as willing to loosen up as the rest of the country. (we from NJ) but there were quite a few uptight, pushy people. Hey to each his own. We had a blast.
Sponsored Links