Thread: Dining question
View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons16 View Post
His explanation is right there in the second sentence...He is traveling with people that are repeat cruisers or in his own words "The people we are traveling with are repeat cruisers.... That means he is traveling with a group of people. Its self explanatory, not sure what is hard to understand

But I am positive he appriciates the info. And I absolutely appriciate any info on cruising from anybody. Like I said I have been on a dozen cruises and you never can stop getting tips from people. They may see something you were never aware of...and that's what it's all about, educating each other while having fun discussing something we all have in common, The love of cruising.
I get what DJ Retired is saying. He is simply wondering if the OP/Henry misunderstood the group of Celebrity repeat cruisers he is traveling with-that perhaps they are having a private function sponsored by whomever sponsored the cruise.

BTW, have you ever been invited to a Celebrity Repeat cruiser "Welcome Abroad" lunch?

Henry is going by how things are done on HAL, which I am not so sure he has correct since HAL called their function a "Mariners Brunch," (Mariners is HAL's term for HAL repeat cruisers) when I was invited. Of course the last time I cruised on HAL, cigarette smoke was so bad- I have not booked with them again, so It HAS been awhile, over 2 years.

My last HAL cruise was on the Zuiderdam in Jan. 2010. I remember posting to Henry who was taking the same cruise after me, his first HAL cruise in December 2010, answering some of his questions about the partial Panama Canal transit. So, perhaps HAL now offers a luncheon instead of "Mariners Brunch."

Henry, I will be on Celebrity in June, I will let you know if I was invited to a "Welcome Aboard" lunch. In the meantime contact your TA or Celebrity as none of us know.

DJ Retired you have cruised Celebrity how many times? You have always given me great info-so I am assuming plenty. Please do not let people discourage you from posting here too-there are many of us who appreciate your posts.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014