View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Familiar Face

Alaska is on my list too. I'm planning it but I think it will take some years before I go.
Have been to vancouver a couple of years ago for short visits onboard Radiance of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas while they were in Vancouver. It was a business trip and I spent most of the time in the engine rooms - but it made me book my first cruise (Voyager of the Seas in the Med).

I think the Norwegian coast is a bit similar to Alaska with the fjords and mountains. Here are two photos from the Geiranger fjord, called one of the most beautiful places in the world (by the Norwegians...):

I looked at the itinerary for your Med cruise and it looks great! I was going to book a similar cruise with Solstice in September, but when I decided to cruise the Caribbean out from New Orleans in March 2013 I switched my Med cruise to a 7 day cruise on Liberty instead as I will need between 3 and 4 weeks off in February/March 2013 (pre-cruise in Florida and New Orleans and maybe New York). I don't have unlimited holiday...

/Erik