View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Newbie Cruise family iso Info! (West Carib/Mexico)

Hello everyone,

As the day nears for our first (7 day, too!) cruise we've found ourself beset by questions. While searching for answers we inevitably end up with more questions and/or confusion. I was hoping to appeal to the better nature of those on this board in maybe assisting with updated information about our destinations, our ships, and any advice!

First, we are leaving on the Carnival Dream and we have been given Cabin 1340 -- from what I read it should be a decent cabin, though I don't have particular details.

Here is our schedule:

Embark day, Day at Sea, Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan, Costa Maya, Day at Sea, Debark

Sounds like a very full plan, eh? Does anybody have any suggestions at what could be done as a family low cost in some of these cities? Any interesting sites to see?

I noticed that everything in Mahogany Bay and other ports of call seems to be about $100 per person including "Relaxing on the Beach and swimming", I assume this is only if you relax on their special beach... or do they really charge you to do such?

A little further info: My wife and I are very familiar with Foreign travel and have been through Europe, Asia, South America, and North America by ourselves without Tour Guides. I'm not too nervous with the idea of renting a car (there are expats at some of the ports that own rental services) and driving to a ruin, or catching a white bus/van as some forums have discussed (I beleive that was Belize). Does anyone have experience with similar?

Thank you for taking the time to read!

Kevin
Sponsored Links