View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddDH View Post
AR,

There is merit in what you write about pre-existing conditions although that applies not only to seniors.

Be that as it may, I do deeply believe in healthcare reform. What I would like to see, however, is a viable option. Obama's plan as offered and passed by a controlled Senate and House could not even begin to work! Obama's plan has so many addendums (most about which the public doesn't even know) that would in effect do to this country what has happened in Europe....and many of the addendums really don't have a damned thing to do with healhcare! I am still asking myself how in the hell a "healthcare plan" could be rammed through the same congress that couldn't even come up with a basic budget for over two years????!!!!!!! And they had all the votes!!!!!!!!!!

What we desperately need is a viable healthcare plan. Obama's, as written, is filled....no. not filled but crammed....with things that we nor any other country could afford, just to get more votes. Are the Republicans as guilty. Yes they are.

What the hell ever happened to "common sense?" That is definitely what this country needs and it needs it NOW!
I've read the bill too and I don't like the Christmas Tree provisions either. But it won't be struck down on that basis. It will be nullified because of the individual mandate, which is a core concept that is necessary for any health reform to work. It is the only way to prevent the baseline gaming of the system by the cynical. It creates a loophole so big that it destroys any vestige of universality. What the Supreme Court will say, in effect, is that as long as the five of us are in the political majority, we will not permit meaningful healthcare reform that puts insurance companies in a neutral position on the playing field, as opposed to giving them an overwhelming advantage. And the public be damned.