Thread: Round trips
View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
I suppose you correct about 100's of pax doing B2B on 7 day trips but from my experience the amount of people on 10 & 14 day B2B far outweigh those numbers with people who have much higher numbers of days traveled. Of course my observations are limited to off season cruises like Nov, Early Dec, Feb & May only.
On all of our 7 day trips ( and there aren't that many) we're always close if not in the top 3 cruisers and on 10 or 14 day trips we're not even in the ball park. We're lucky if we make it to the Captains lunch or cocktail party.

In any event the people who take 7 day trips (even B2B) are not the same ones who do transatlantic trips. As you well know they're the type who still have limited vacation time or limited finances.
You was talking about returning to FL ports for the day. Now you changed to any B2B over 10 days each. We are seasoned cruisers over 2 years onboard. Also do 1 or 2 B2B Medit & TA each year for 27 or 28 days. Have been to Barcelona, London, Civit. numerous times and don't get tired or feel cheated for the return trip to those ports between sailings. Do not hear pax complaining about a return as no one complains of returning to FL.

Except for exortic cruises, seasoned cruisers cruise for the cruise not the ports. We pick routine cruisers (incl TA) by price & ship, not itinerary. Most Carib. Islands we stay onboard, so it does not matter if the ship is in FL.

As I mentioned earlier, I think you are talking for yourself, not the seasoned cruisers.

O F C'er