View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Admiral

I totally agree - thank you for posting this.

I've been on 4 or 5 cruises since I found Cruisemates, and have yet to do a CM cruisemeet.

I do all my cruise meets through another board. I signed there for my Oasis sailing in October, and just haven't meshed with that group at all (first time ever).

Wished there was a meet planned here, but sadly there isn't. I haven't bothered to set one up either. I always check to see if a meet is planned for my sailing, but there is very little activity there, maybe the boards are hidden, or maybe CM just doesn't do enough to push that aspect of this site?

although I signed up for my oasis cruise meet elsewhere, I probably won't even bother going.

love, love, love Cruisemates, but the social aspect of this site could be better.

I think the meet&greet boards should be improved or abandoned altogether. Personally, I'm a fan of cruisemeets which are done on Facebook, but they have to originate somewhere. The other board does not allow you to publicize a facebook group (I understand why). Maybe if we could do that here, it might make the meet&greets more successful. Maybe make a rule, that the Facebook group has to be called "Cruisemates Meet&Mingle - Oasis of the Seas - Date" (for example). This would help drive traffic and participation. Just a suggestion. THen you can advertise your facebook meet&greet here, but only if it is called a Cruisemates meet?

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991