View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Their reputation is or has taken a hit. They did so well until the fiasco of trying to get people booked on the right flights to the right place. And Michael Bayley was heard loud and clear - NOT. I wasn't fond of him as soon as he started. I think I was right about him. Let's see how long he lasts when he hasn't done well under his first emergency situation.

As for this pod problem, it's been going on for a long time. We were on in Australia when they went out. Three cruises after ours were cancelled. There were problems with the Infinity when back when. We were scheduled on one of her first Hawaiian cruises and got put off a month because of issues with the pod. That was back in 2001.

This azipods were made by Rolls Royce. There was a law suit and as far as I know, Rolls Royce paid a very large sum of money but it doesn't look like it was enough.

A great many of those cruising on the cancelled cruises have found their own accommodation on HAL, RCL, Princess and NCL. Those people are making lemonade from the lemons they were given.

On the dark side, there are 3 or 4 that just can't seem to move on. Their world ended with the Millie break down.

I haven't read anything in any newspapers yet. Has anyone else?

I have just a bit of a hard time with that lot who are going on about the world ending. Now, my DH is going through chemo at the moment. Our cruising days are temporarily halted. So, no, the world in not ending because they missed a cruise and decided to wail about it instead of do something about it.

On well,,,,,,,, such is life.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.