September 3rd, 2013, 02:15 AM
Join Date: Sep 2013
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Yes all bookings now must prepay tips.
The envelopes are still left in the cabin on the last day. Worked out well for me since I was planning on tipping extra.
We always have the same waiter on my time dining. If you are happy with your waiter on the first day then just request him/her for the rest of the week. You don't have to have different waiters if you don't want to.
A crew member told me last week on Allure that cruisers do remove all prepaid tips on the last day of the cruise.
The week before my cruise it was over 400 cruisers that removed tips without giving a reason as to why...just want it removed...
People that don't want to tip at all to save a buck really should not cruise!
The waiters and cabin stewards work long hours 7 days a week for 6 months straight. God bless them!!!
I usually remove my entire prepaid tips too, but I usually give a 20 to every crew that made me happy like the bartenders, cabin steward, cooks, waiters, etc. I feel better when I see them directly receiving my money
- Imperial Majesty Ocean Breeze, Bahamas, June 1999
- Norwegian Dawn, Eastern Caribbean, August 2002
- Carnival Spirit, Alaska, August 2003
- Scotia Prince, Nova Scotia, June 2004
- Norwegian Pride of America, Hawaii, August 2005
- Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas, Western Caribbean, July 2010
- Norwegian Sky, Bahamas, December 2010
- Norwegian Gem, Bahamas, March 2011
- Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas, Bahamas, October 2012
- Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas, Bahamas, September 2013