View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Another thing is where are those on here who called Bush a warmonger, killer, murderer? All I hear on here is crickets.
Then you haven't been listening. I'm right here. Bush is a warmonger, killer, murderer and clearly a war criminal. So are Cheney and Rummy. They belong in the dock at the Hague.

If Obama does what he's threatening absent a UN mandate, which he clearly won't get, we will once again be in serious violation of international law, and I'm against it. Whatever we do, and whoever we shoot at, it will not be in self defense according to international law. Of course, we're the United States, and far too often we administer our own rough justice despite all treaties and conventions. But we sure do scream when others violate these standards.

I'm a progressive but I'm not a sheep. For me, this is not a partisan issue.

So I'm not sure what your point is.

Recently we went to a music festival founded by Pete Seeger. Pete led the group in a song I haven't heard for a long time, "Where Have All the Flowers Gone?" Pete said we need to sing it again, because we still haven't learned.