View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
It doesn't surprise me that you would be so hopeful. We seem to live in a world that says, "I don't care who is hurt, as long as it isn't me"
Tell THAT to the tea party!

Saw an interesting stat this morning. The ten states with the most people living below the poverty line on a percentage basis are in the deep South, and one of them is Texas. Of those ten states, only two have elected to set up statewide healthcare exchanges and bolster Medicaid per the Affordable Care Act. The other eight (including Texas) have opted out, and will therefore fall back on the national exchange, which will not be able to offer the range of choices and the rock-bottom prices that will be very popular features of the state exchanges, especially for the very poor.

Just another example of the representatives of the poorest and neediest among us continuing to elect people who cut them off at the knees at every turn. The poverty-ridden states continue to elect those who care only for the rich at the expense of the poor and middle class. And these voters even support the gerrymandering and voter suppression schemes that are designed to keep it that way. These folks are victims of a political Ponzi scheme, and they keep doubling down on their bad bets.

And we wring our hands about the decline of the middle class!