View Single Post
Old January 2nd, 2014, 01:08 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdeg View Post
When booking my NCL cruise on the Spirit I was told I would receive a $100.00 on on board credit for booking the cruise. On past NCL cruises the certificate was waiting in the stateroom. This past June (2010) in small print on our eticket it said to download our "bonus". I did not download it because I did not see it.. Once on board we asked twice about our credit and was told it would be on our last statement. It never was, we inquired before we left the ship on the last day and we were told we would have to take it up with customer relations, we were treated very rudely that last day when we inquired. I took it up with customer relations, in writing, which is the only way it would get reviewed. NCL regreted the "miscommunication" but they would not reimburse me for the $100.00, instead they would give me the credit on a future cruise if I took it within the next year. I told them they could keep it. I have done 4 cruises with NCL and will not do another. It is only $100.00 but it really is the principal of the matter and I feel they are not honest. When you try to clarify things such as this, on the cruise, they talk in circles and make like they do not understand what you are talking about. So BUYER BEWARE, don't get ripped off like I did.
It's sort of a moot point now, since this is from 2010, but the poster never said "who" they booked their cruise with, be it a TA or the cruise line direct. It seems pretty clear the poster was talking about an On Board Credit to be issued in conjunction with the booking, but whether this was to be issued by the TA or NCL is not clear. I will say I have heard plenty of people say that they have had problems once onboard because the OBC promised by the TA did not show up, necessitating calls back and forth.

Some of the responses and even the original poster have made reference to a Future Cruise Reward or Future Cruise Credit which is a totally different thing and I don't believe this is what the poster was talking about. That is a deposit you buy on the ship for your next cruise and you get an immediate $100 credit on your ship account, but you have the full deposit to use on your next cruise booking.

I can say that I have cruised with NCL since 2007, and also cruised in 2010 and annually after that with them and I was NEVER required to download anything in order to obtain my OBC. It is always reflected on my cruise docs and usually by a letter in my cabin also. I do wonder if the poster is confused about an offer listed on your cruise docs where you can download a coupon booklet worth xx dollars to use during your cruise. I usually never bother cause it's really not worth it. Too bad the poster did not come back to clarify anything.