View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Regal Princess: Aus/NZ review (just got off)

G'day Mates,
My wife and I are planning to cruise the Australia/NZ itinerary and I have been waiting for the Regal to be replaced before booking. We are not fans of the Crown/Regal "Piano busses" and were hoping that the Royal would, someday, being assigned this itinerary. We also prefer the smaller vessels but were happy to hear that the Star would be taking the itinerary in Nov. 2003. We looked at the Prinsendam but have read some horrific reviews about the wear and tear and poor condition of the ship and have pretty much settled on the Star. Now we start hearing about the poor service, food, etc. on the Star. Does anyone have anything good to say about the Star? We sailed the Grand on the Grand Med a few years ago and loved the itinerary, mixed reviews on the ship. After all, this itinerary will be the main attraction, not the ship and there should be some great deals coming to fill the cabins. We are Princess fans and have never had a bad cruise and we don't think we can go wrong with Princess even though service may have declined somewhat. We're probably going to book the Jan 4, 2004 embarkation in the next month or so. Anyone else sailing with us?

Bop