View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Passenger

Default Re: PHYSICAL ABUSE BY PRINCESS GROUND CREW

I, too, am sorry for your experience. It is too bad that the friend travelling with you could not assist with the situation and avoid all of the difficulties.

I am confined to a wheelchair due to MD. I disembarked the Island Princess on 1-15-04 and the entire day I felt like a valued guest! They assisted me (and my group) until we met the van for the transfer. One individual with Princess, Mary B. was absolutely outstanding. In fact, I insisted on getting her name so that I could sent a positive note for her personnel file. She was a calming assist when 2000 people with luggage are going 2000 directions and the ship is preparing for 2000 new passengers.

I can tell you are frustrated, probably at the MS, understandably so. Often times when I get that way it is easiest to take it out on those nearest me and those situations often snowball into something worse.

I am sorry for your perception of the situation. I plan many cruises in the future and since Princess does such an outstanding job with handicapped passengers, I wouldn't consider a different line. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.'

Equally important is that I take responsibility for MY limitatrions. It is not Princess' fault that I am in a wheelchair. They go way above and beyond the services legally required by them.

I wish you luck in the future and in EVERTHING, put the best construction on things!