View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Passenger

Default Best ship for Western Itinerary for young couple?

My wife and I just turned 30 and we are going on our 14th cruise in June 2003. We have never sailed Royal Caribbean, so we really want to give it a try (We enjoyed the Fun ships of Carnival and thought that some of the other cruise lines such as Celebrity were too slow for our tatses.

We are interested in a 7-day Western Caribbean itinerary departing from some port in Florida (because we live in South Florida), preferably a Saturday sailing.

I quickly looked and I think that the Navigator of the Seas departs from Miami on Saturdays and calls at the ports in Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. That seems like a lot of ports for a 7-day cruise, and that is just what we like. This ship seems to be only 1 month old.

I also think that the Explorer of the Seas departs from Miami on Saturdays to Labadee, Hispaniola, Ocho Rios (Jamaica), Georgetown (Grand Cayman),and Cozumel. That seems like 5 ports in 7 days. Is that right? I see that this is only a 2 year old ship.

Which of these ships is better, and why?

The last ship on which we sailed was the Carnival Pride (we sailed on it 6 months after she was built), and we liked the ship.

Any tips?

When is the best time to buy tickets?

dmiklas@prodigy.net
Sponsored Links