View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to stevenkate
Default First Time Cruisers

Hey all.....Steve and I will be cruising for our first time aboard the Voyager of the Seas in December on the Western itinerary. We have just begun to hit the message boards and read all the reviews. *Boy there are allot of people who complain allot!* Anyway, we have read to book our excursions with the locals instead of RCC because they are much cheaper. I'd like to hear any suggestions on this. We would love to snorkel in Cozumel because it is the number one dive spot and would really prefer to dive but the excursions look to be SO expensive. We'd like to experience the stingray city "thing" too if possible.

I have a question about attire. I realize that there are 2 formal nights and we'll need to dress appropriately on those two nights. Asside from those 2 nights what is the normal dress code (my question is basically for Steve)? Can he wear nice microfiber pants and shirt? Does he have to wear a tie? Can he wear Dockers and a nice shirt? I am just so confused about the attire and have read so many reviews my head is spinning at this point. I just don't want to be the "odd man out" and would prefer to blend as much as possible of course total opposite of Steve....lol.

As for alcohol, can you purachase a drink card for alcohol or is that for soft drinks only? I have read I can bring/sneak alcohol in my luggage aboard the ship. Can someone clear this up for me? If I can bring a bottle of wine or something for mixed drinks I'd sure like to take advantage of this.

In closing, please feel free to email me with any advice kdsnellen@yahoo.com. We would sure appreciate ANY info. you can give.

Thanks a bunch,
Kate
Sponsored Links