I agree with socrmom about the Land & Sea tour at St. Lucia. Book the ship tour as they will make sure you are back on time. This is a great way to spend the day on this beautiful island. It will probably be the most expensive tour on your cruise but it is well worth it.
- Cas Cay Eco-Tour Float/Hike/Snorkel = if this is what you love to do, then do it in St. Thomas and book an early morning tour with the ship. When you return, grab a quick lunch on board and go shopping in downtown Charlotte Amalie - taxi $3pp. each way.
- Kayaking Snorkel Tour = America's cup is the #1 rated ship tour for St. Martin but you may need to be ambitious. Alternate is to take a taxi to Dawn Beach or Orient Beach (clothing optional) to get a relaxing feel of this beautiful island. the sand and the surf. Ask the driver to return for you at a set timeand leave you off downton. Allow time to explore and shop in downtown Phillipsburg. Take the water taxi back to the ship. Don't worry about languages on this itinerary. They all speak English.
- Forts of Antigua Historical Tour = get a private taxi tour to include the forts, Nelson's Dockyard and any one of 356 beaches. Not only will you see more and have less stress, you will save lots of time and money.
- Rainforest Hike & Cave Adventure = I always recommend the Harrison's Caves but have never heard of a Rain Forest at Barbados. You can easily get a taxi outside of the port building who will give you a tour including your points of interest. We also have visited Orchid World or Floral World. You will pay admittance to the Caves, but if you go early, you will get there before the ship's tours and not have to wait in line as long. This is a great tourist attraction, too.
- Soody Nature Hike & Mineral Waterfall = Do the ship's Land & Sea tour. You will be walking within the Volcano and Mineral springs area and sailing past the Pitons and swimming in a beautiful bay.
If you book St. Lucia and St. Thomas tours on board, you will have saved a lot of money for the other "do it yourself" adventures. By taking different tours or doing different things each day, you will come home more fulfilled that you experienced more on each island.