View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Which Bahamas Cruise

Hello Famtravler, I believe Sovereign is going through some renovations this fall, but that information was from the last cruise I took on her which was Labor Day last year. That info may be dated by now.

We take these 4-dayers out of Canaveral fairly often. They really suit our lifestyle and budget. Our preference is the Fantasy over the Sovereign. Each has it's own individual assets, but overall we prefer Fantasy.

Sovereign gets good grades for the Viking Crown Lounge (great place for drinks and the bartenders will let you run a tab so you don't have all those stupid receipts to sign) and it's stop in CocoCay versus Freeport. The poolside midnight party is also a great attraction.

Fantasy gets good grades on size of rooms, ship layout, food and service. The selections for dinner are more varied and the quality, we believe, is better. The shows are better too (these do change over time so it may not hold true the next cruise). The drink prices are higher though.

I doubt you'd have a bad time on either cruise. I mean where else can you get pampered and fed and taken to the islands for 4 days for under $400.

BTW, if you want a balcony cabin you will have to sail on the Fantasy. The Sovereign doesn't have any.

Regards,
Thomas

Post Edited (08-26-03 12:17)