View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Karen Adelman

Default Eastern Med...Help Please!

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury! I need some advice here.
My DH and I are booked on the Galaxy July 25th sailing. We have visited the Med. before, but never the Esatern Med. After reading the boards..this is my tentative trip. Please read and make some suggestions.. If I missed something...let me know! I really thank you for taking the time!

Mykonos- Shuttle to town-walk around
rent car or atv-or taxi? any rec. fro an agency?
go to beach
Should we go to Delos?-tour or by ourselves

Rhodes- Walk old town
Street of Knights,Amphitheater,Temple of Apollo,Palace of Grand Masters[mosaics]
buy worry beads
Lindos..should we rent a car? any agency here? take half day tour?

Santorini-Mules up,Cable car down..any imput there?
Walk Fira
Oia
Winery
Akrotiri - not sure...is it closed????
Should we rent a car here, taxi or tour? agency ..sorry to ask yet again!

Kushadashi
Ephesus
Museum
Tour???

Naples- we have already been before and have seen Pompeii and Amalfi coast,cameo factory
We would love to go to Herculaneum..should we take Circumvissa<sp> train or take a tour?
Of course pizza and perhaps Museo Archetologico ****onale!

We have tried to get people fom the boards to join us , but have had no luck. The tours I am referring to are ship tours. due to lack of interest from other parties. I am also concerned that if I book private tours they will cost MORE because people might back out and I will be stuck with huge bills when I go! We are coming into Rome one day prior to our departure and I have booked private transfers from the airport to our hotel and to the port the following day and again back to the airport. on Aug. 5th. We have visited Rome a few times before ,and therefore really don't need more than one day.
I do have a question...We were interested in a Scavi tour, but we are coming in on a Sunday. I have requested this, but I am unsure if this tour is given on a Sun. It is NOT the last Sunday of the month!
Again...thank you all for reading and trying to help us have a great time!
Karen
Sponsored Links