View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2003, 01:30 PM
Myles

Default Re: Long down load but worth it

I wouldn't worry about it too much. When nobody has a job except our leaders, we'll send them packing. I'm an exmilitary guy and these folks have to obey their commander in chief or be subject to court martial. Hey, it's tough out there. I dropped more than my share of bombs over Vietnam, but I had no choice. Sure, I know that every bomb dropped finds collateral targets in the form of innocent men, women, and children as well as the intended target. Sometimes the collateral damage was our own troops. But the folks that send us there know that too. They're just insulated from the horror by plush offices and celebrity status. But we all have to live with it and someday we'll have to answer for it. I can only hope that some day, the people calling the shots will see war as being so horrific that it only be used as an obsolute last resort after all other options have been exhausted. War should never be used as a payback, or it becomes no more than a criminal act, a violation of human rights. And besides that, be absolutely certain that you're going after the responsible party and not someone else because you can't find the guilty party. Being patriotic is wonderful, but there is a difference between being patriotic and being bloodthirsty. I'd return every medal I ever received in return for not having destroyed just one innocent child. Well, there you have it and now I'll get off my soapbox and get back to cruising.