View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2005, 06:51 AM
VTJen

Default Re: Good Thursday Morning

Good Morning All,

Another rainy day. Yesterday I headed down to Boston with my Brother-in-law and niece. We were pretty sure the game would be rained out, but hey, we all had the day off and thought we'd go anyway. We got to Fenway about noon. Went in, found our seats and they were awesome. It was my first time at Fenway and I can't begin to tell you the joy I felt. We went back inside, had a Fenway Frank, checked out the Souviener stores and waited for my nephew, his fiancee and her brother. Hung around a while, and at 2:30 they called the game. We headed home. I wasn't even disappointed. Just to be there was totally worth the trip (4 1/2 hours each way). And the best part is that we get to do it all over again on June 2 for the rain date.

Son got home from Germany last night. Now the house seems to be alive again. Then I talked with the daughter for over an hour on the phone. So all in all it was a great day.

Today I must trudge off to work. It is going to be a busy day for sure! I just can't believe how much rain we have gotten and will be getting again today. There will be some flooding for sure.

Headline: Lovely as a Daffidi (with b/w picture) with a short artical about the over 5000 daffodil bulbs that were planted at a VT welcome Center on Interstate 91. They were planted in 2001 in memory of the Lives lost on September 11th. It goes on to give a phone number to call ahead to plan your viewing of them, to confirm they are still in bloom. Since it is about a 3 hour drive from here and I'm not headed that way I guess I won't see them this year.

Hope you all have a great day.

VTJen