View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2005, 09:51 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: What's Wrong With Me ????

Hi Thomas,

I saw your post about your approaching retirement. It is hard to leave your employment.
But I think you will really enjoy your free time. It's a time to enjoy some of your other interests, do volunteer work, or just do nothing if you feel like it. I worked for the same company for sixteen years. I actually started working for them part time while I was attending college. I didn't retire, I left to become a stay-at-home mom. At the time my boss told me, he did not think I would enjoy being at home. I have been home now for 19 years. I have no regrets. I do agree that you will miss your co-workers. I still keep in contact with a few of the people in my office. My husband travels extensively on his job and being home has allowed me the time to be able to go with him on many occasions. It seems you have a passion for cruising. This will allow you the time for more cruises. Two of my three sons have now left home and are in college. I am finding I have even more free time now. During the last year, I have been taking classes at a nearby college. I guess my husband will never get to retire--now he has three of us in college!