View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Bubb Rubb

Default Re: Disney World advice needed.

Maybe I'll see you there! Seeing as I go to WDW 5 days a week (I work there, I drive a Disney bus) I might be able to give you a little insight as to how to make the most of your stay. When it comes to hotel selection I would for sure stay on property as others have mentioned. The reasons for this are numerous. The main reason is transportation. Disney runs on average 4-5 buses per hour to each resort destination, The downtown Disney area resorts (Wyndham, Grovesner, Doubletree ect...) only run 2 buses per hour, and If you get father of the beaten path you might get one bus in the morning and one at night. If you choose a Disney hotel the buses drop you off right at the gate of the magic kingdom. If you select an outside resort the buses drop you at the Transportation and Ticket Center, and from there you have to transfer to a monorail or ferry to get to the entrance. Another reason for staying on propery is access to the Extra Magic Hours. On designated nights during your stay one park per night allows Disney Resort guests only to stay three hours after regular park closing time. This is a perfect oppertunity to catch all the thing you might have missed without having to stand in massive lines. The best part about extra magic hours is that they are free, yes thats right you heard me correcty Disney offered something for F R E E! ! ! !

When it comes to hotel selection I'll offer you my honest opinion. If I were staying on property Without a doubt I would pick either the Boardwalk, The Yacht Club, or the Beach Club due to their proximity to the center of property, and that they are within walking distance to the Back entrance of EPCOT, when you enter Epcot the back way you wind up right between England and France in the World showcase this thereby gives you easy access to all the fine EPCOT dining that others have mentioned. Hope this helped a bit. See you there!