View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2004, 07:34 PM
Chris Mitchell

Default Re: Re: WORST VACTION EVER!!!

Having cruised 15 times..we have had our share of disappointments and missed ports. The most disappointing was the Star Princess last Aug. We lost our first day aboard due to a norwalk outbreak and sanitation procedures. (shipboard credit extended $50pp) Lost 3 hrs in Juneau due to the delay leaving Seattle (had to miss our trip to the glacier as planned) , Princess knew our excursion in Ketchikan was changed from the Lumberjack show to a 'lumberjill' show TV taping and wouldn't refund the tour after we complained (wasted our 5 hr port time there) , then the last port of Victoria was missed even tho 2 other ships were there docked just FINE at the same time!!! We were refunded a big total $4.56pp tax refund on our final statement.

I think the compensation offered by Carnival is more than generous!!!!!!!! I am sure they were doing their best to scramble to find transportation with all the insanity of Mardi Gras!! It had to be hard not to be able to go to Jamicia and Grand Cayman..I can understand the disappointment. Hopefully in time you will find some resolution and will want to give Carnival another try. Chances are your next voyage will be as scheduled and you will have the cruise vacation you had hoped for.

Chris Mitchell