View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: questions about donations/logistics

Hi Triptakers,
Sure hope your cruise is going well as you are at sea now. Just wanted to let you know how things went regarding dropping off clothing items for the Chrysalis Group in Cozumel. We had the clothes in duffles and had no problem getting off the ship with them. We went to the taxi area and asked to be dropped off at the Cozumel mini-golf. (The taxi cost us $ 12.00 one way - there were 8 of us plus 2 large and 2 medium duffles - not a bad price) There are a couple other drop off areas also listed on the Chrysalis web site. I will look them up and post them later. The only thing I would do different the next time would be to put the clothes into garbage bags and then into the duffle bag. Fortunatly they had some and we transferred the clothes into the bags, so we could take our duffles back with us. After we unloaded the clothes we played a round of mini-golf and then walked the 3 blocks to the main street with all the shops. Got a taxi back from the middle of town. All went well.
Can't wait to go back next year. We had planned on bringing supplies for the schools in Costa Maya also , but was waiting for an updated list of their needs. Will probably plan on visiting the schools next year as well as dropping off another donation of clothing for Chrysalis.
If you know of any donation possibilities for the country of Belize, please let me know .
Thanks !
Liz

Carnival Legend

Nieuw Amsterdam 12/92
Sensation 3/02
Inspiration 3/03
Soveiegn of the Seas 8/03
Inspiration 3/04
Miracle 3/05
Glory 3/06
Legend 3/07