View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: FOD / GLBT meetings? Why?

Ivan,
While I can understand where you are coming from I look at it a little differant and think it is a great opportunity to educate those that do not understand homosexuality. Most 'straight' people that do not like gays do so because of mis-information or ignorance. When people realize that the only real differance between straight and gay people is their preferance for who gets to them sexually. I might add that CA is a good friend of mine and while he definately does not hide the fact he is gay, he doesn't shout it out whenever he first meets someone as that is not all there is to him. He is a great guy and intelligent, witty and fun to be around, (God this will go to his head), and he just happenes to be gay, big deal. Yes it is nice to be around people who live and think like you but don't shelter yourself from others as you only hurt yourself. The same advice can also be applied to straight people as well. Heck, substitute race, nationality, religion or whatever and it is still good advice.
Jim