Thread: Suicide
View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2004, 09:27 AM
Dartoid

Default Re: Suicide

it wasn't over my head but it was definitely a run-on sentence. Use punctuation, it saves breath when you're reading it. I never implied that this depressed person was joking, i was referring to MY joke where i asked whether they had been through depression or suicide. They worded it wrong and only Nat noticed that even after I mentioned it. You're right, not everything in life is a joke. Depression isn't--that's why I choose to use humor and "make fun of life" rather than be a depressed, self-pittying duct tape addict. I'm done arguing with you...I don't typically interract with people like you more than I have to.

Hey Kevin...

Give Duct Tape Dude a break. Below is YOUR grammar and punctuation "advice" to HIM, corrected. Next time, before you attack somebody for how they write, you might learn something yourself about capitalization, semi-colons, use of commas and periods, agreement between subjects and verbs, tenses, when and when not to use adverbs, proper spacing and precise word selection. Have a nice day, Bozo.

Dartoid

(I)t wasn't over my head ( but (delete "but") it was definitely (delete "definitely") a run-on sentence. Use punctuation( it saves (helps prevent) breath (jettison "breath" and replace with "confusion" or "misunderstanings") when you're reading it (delete "when you're reading it " -- and end sentence). I never implied ( replace "implied" with either "claimed, argued, suggested") that this depressed person (the depressed poster) was joking(.) I was referring to MY joke (post)(,) where(in) (I) asked whether they (the original poster) had been through depression or suicide (themself). They (Their) post was worded it (delete "it")wrong (replace "wrong" with "unclearly") (end sentence). (O)nly Nat noticed that (delete "that")(,) even after I mentioned it. (New paragraph) You're right, not everything in life is a joke. Depression isn't (space) -- (space) that's why I choose to use humor and "make fun of life" rather than be a depressed, self-pittying duct tape addict. I'm done arguing with you... (period) I don't typically interract with people like you more than I have to (delete "I have to" and replace with "absolutely necessary").

Therefore:

It wasn't over my head; it was a run-on sentence. Use punctuation; it helps prevent confusion. I never suggested that the depressed poster was joking. I was referring to MY post, wherein I asked whether the original poster had been through depression or suicide themself. Their post was worded unclearly. Only Nat noticed, even after I mentioned it.

You're right, not everything in life is a joke. Depression isn't -- that's why I choose to use humor and "make fun of life" rather than be a depressed, self-pittying duct tape addict. I'm done arguing with you. I don't typically interract with people like you more than absolutely necessary.