My wife and I will be on board the same Dawn Western Caribbean 11 Day Cruise on 11/20/05.
Depending on where on Staten Island you are staying the night before the cruise and what time you are coming into Manhattan, allow for at least an hour (rush hour even more). It is only 20 miles but you know the traffic.
Directions from Staten Island to the Pier are below (taken from Yahoo Maps).
Port of New York
LOCATION OF PIER: 711 12th Avenue & 55th Street
New York, New York 10019
PARKING: Parking located at pier. $22.00 for cruise passengers. Overnight $25.00 NCL is not responsible for any damages or losses occasioned from the use of the facilities.
Turn Left onto RT-440 NORTH toward BAYONNE BR/STATEN IS EXPWY/GOETHALS BR - go 2.4 mi
1. RT-440 NORTH becomes BAYONNE BRG - go 1.2 mi
2. BAYONNE BRG becomes RT-440 NORTH - go 2.8 mi
3. Turn Right onto I-78 EAST - go 5.4 mi
4. Continue on 12TH ST - go 0.3 mi
5. 12TH ST becomes BOYLE PLZ - go 0.1 mi
6. BOYLE PLZ becomes HOLLAND TUNL - go 1.9 mi
7. Take exit #1 onto LAIGHT ST toward WEST ST - go 0.2 mi
8. Turn Right on WEST ST[RT-9A] - go 1.3 mi
9. Continue to follow RT-9A NORTH - go 2.0 mi
10. Arrive at 711 12TH AVE, NEW YORK, on the Left
11. Go to Pier at 55th Street.
275 square feet of room space is plenty for two people.
We are looking forward to this Thanksgiving Cruise! See ya there!