View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Admiral

wow, things have changed since the 70s, but so has everything else. I remember when we paid $55,000 for a house in So Calif (1975) and were told the value would go up about 6 to 8% per year. I thought that was the funniest thing I had ever heard. A year later I joined the Real Estate business and decided to sell our home so we could buy a larger one in a slightly better neighborhood: One year, $10,000 profit. Today that same house would probably be over $500,000 easily. Cruising really hasn't increased that much. Now for the question of drinks and prices, depending on where you live and what type of establishments you patronize, you may find the drinks cheaper or more expensive. For us, I would say mixed drinks are about the same as here in the Albuquerque area, those living in the larger cities or more upscale areas will still find drinks on ships less than on land. Of course at our local Moose Lodge we only pay $2 for wine and $2.25 for a mixed drink, that's a bargain!! yes the wine is out of a box but the liquor brands are pretty middle of the road, certainly not the rut gut kind. NMNita