View Single Post
Old July 12th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Passenger

Default Re: sick of non-smokers complaining!!

Here we go again. I smoked for over 25 years and I have now been smoke free for 7 years. I never realized how terrible smokers smell when I smoked. You can tell a smoker by the smell. Do you really want to smell bad???? I had my gallbladder out a couple of weeks ago and I was so pleased when before my operation the nurse commented about how healthy my lungs sounded. That really made me not want to ever be around smoking. Everyone knows how bad smoking is for you so it needs to be made hard for smokers to smoke so they will give it up. No smoking on ships!!!! Wow, That might stop people from smoking. If you could never go on a cruise again because you smoke I bet you would give it up real quick. I tried a few times to stop smoking but I was doing it for my husband and not for myself so I could never do it. One day I woke up and picked up a cigarette and thought to myself "I really dont want this" I threw all my cigarettes away and never even craved them ever. I was doing it for myself and my kids. To this day I hate that I put my family through my smoking. My twin sons have asthma and I still smoked around them. How stupid of me. I am honestly ashamed that I thought of myself and not of them. Now when I see anyone smoking around others especially children I think that they too should be ashamed. I have also heard how ex smokers are the worst about smoking I agree because we have been on both sides. I have decided that I want my lungs to be healthy and other smokers should not have rights that will make me unhealthy. Sorry so long but this is a very touchy subject for me.