View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2006, 05:10 PM

in relation to shore excursions, I have seen a couple of interviews with passengers that took the approved tour and they said had they known the type of road, they would not have gone. They said it was a hair raising riI dont think this is because some one took a tour on their own. The road, if you see it on the news, is very narrow and any sudden move to either side, will mean a drop down as what happened in this accident when the buss swerved to avoid another vehicle. From news reports it did not seem to be an issue of a route never travelled, it was the same road as the cruise operators use, and they hire locals as well. Personally, I dont feel any safer in a cruise sanctioned tour than one I arrange on my own, I can tell you when you go some where in the carribean, the same guy working for a company servicing the ships also runs his personal service. I am thinking St Thomas, where one guy operates a shuttle for the beach, I can tell you as a fact, he works as a taxi on hius own as well, and his skillls are no better thne else. I know him quite well as he is an Antiguan.
"If your number one goal is to make sure that everyone likes and approves of you, then you risk sacrificing your uniqueness and, therefore, your excellence."