View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Beginner

Reddawnman,

I will make sure to be nice to the stewards, assistants, and butler. Bob & I are just "worker bees" not "big wigs", and truly appreciate what it must take to keep multiple cabins clean, passengers happy, AND management off their backs.

In 2001 we were on one of the 1st Infinity cruises from Hawaii back to Ensenada, Mexico. Due to many unexpected circumstances, we ended up in a sky suite with a butler from India named Richard. His wife was back in his homeland soon to have a baby, and he was outstanding at his job. He was also so very nice and kind and helpful. It was a joy to get to know him. We had no idea what to ask Richard to do for us. He patiently but thoroughly informed us of things he could do to make our cruise memorable. It took many days before we figured it out, but by the end of our cruise, we understood what a special "perk" it was to have a butler. I smile remembering his kind face and soft spoken words. I sure hope we meet another special butler to get to know and share our vacation with.

Thanks for your insight, Reddawnman! We leave on May 8th.

--Jean & Bob