View Single Post
Old July 13th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the Vision last October and it was HOT, HOT, HOT in port! Even so we had a great time, were very grateful there was cheap beer everywhere and I am not usually a beer drinker! In Cabo we went down to pick up tender tickets at about 9:15, I think we got tender #3, but they called the first three tenders together and as we were walking down there they called tenders 4-6, so everyone was basically getting of the ship at the same time. The tenders filled up fast and we were at the dock in a few minutes. I don't remember the exact time, but I know that we found a glass bottom boat tour (around $10.00 pp at the dock vs. $29.00 pp from the ship), waited about ten minutes while the guy got more passengers, and were dropping people off at Lover's Beach by 11:30. I remember this because the boat pilot told the people he was dropping off he would pick them up in 2 hours at 2:30 Cabo time, which was an hour ahead of ship time and I remember looking at my watch when he said it. So you shouldn't have any problem getting off the ship right after it drops anchor. I can't offer you any beach info because we didn't make it to a beach in Cabo. One thing about Cabo is that since it is the shortest port day on the Vision's itinerary, you really need to know what you want to do. My hubby wanted to go to Cabo Wabo, but that turned out to be a rip-off as far as we were concerned, he was glad he could say he had been there but that was about it. We enjoyed our lunch along the waterfront much more than that overpriced joint! I know a lot of people love it, but it was pretty boring there that day and we thought the drinks were ridiculously priced. Had a great overall cruise, though.