View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Default Thoughts on CCL vs RCCL need help!

Just back off the CCL Fascination. I need help!. I (we) are thinking of another cruise, a short 3 dayer in Oct. and then I want to book next summers cruise. I am thinking about RCCL for the 3 dayer i think its the enchantment of the seas 88,000 ton boat so, similiar to the fascination. Then for the summer I am looking at one of the mega ships and this time a 7 day cruise. so i am going to list what I am looking for in a cruise some of which I either got or didn't get on the Fascination. So can anyone compare:

Kid camps on board- on carnival the kids seemed to be with us more than they werent except for the evenings but this may be due to taking a 5 day which is really 4 day cruise with only one sea day.

Food- a little disappointed with the food on my ship how bout RCCL

party atmosphere_- would like to have seen more entertainment around the pool ie: music. I had to use my ipod just to get this except for the short time for 2 of the days that a raggae band came out.

Not being bothered for drinks every 30 seconds- this was wheremy ipod came in handy cause I couldn't hear them asking and kept my eyes closed. my friend was livid about this though while he was trying to read.

also price, it seems RCCL is a little more expensive than carnival. for instance I recieved a PH suite on ccl where the same cost would get me an ocean view on RCCL.

I am not negative on carnival. I think my 6 mo anticipation and chatting on these boards hyped the whole cruise thing up a bit so I think after a second or third cruise is when I will be able to judge whether or not cruising is the greatest experience on earth or not. Of course the experience of someone traveling with little kids( i have a 5,7,14yo boys) cannot compare with say just a couple going together so I am looking for an unbiased opinion of the 2 lines without playing favorites. any thoughts? I also posted this on the CCL thread. Thanx

which is more of a party atmosphere and why?
Sponsored Links